Thursday, December 16, 2010

Magazines that Inspire

This week I am going to share three magazines that inspire me.  These magazines help me come up with new ideas and also unique ways of using everyday items in new ways.  A couple of them are more for the do-it-yourselfer (which I am), and the other one is a leading design magazine.  They all have good qualities and show interesting new things on the market.  A new weekend project is never further away than the next month's issue.
The first magazine is one my mom introduced me to.  I love this magazine.  It is called My Home My Style.  This magazine is filled with do-it-yourself projects and decorating ideas.  They usually have a fun way of using everyday items to store things.  They also have money saving ideas for home decor.
One that my husband has a subscription to is called Family Handyman.  This magazine is wonderful for a new weekend project for the do-it-yourselfer in all of us.  Every issue has a project that can be completed in a weekend.  I have seen unique storage ideas to traditional bookcases and everything in between.  Complete directions accompany each project so the project moves along smoothly.  This magazine has been a big help in our home.  They even offer money saving ideas for water and electricity.
Dwell magazine is one I found doing research for this blog.  I haven't had much experience with it yet.  It looks like it is packed with new ideas and even has an events calendar which is really cool.  It has new products and pictures to inspire you to create.  People is another section in the magazine which keeps you informed of the designers that are keeping the industry interesting.
Thanks for following my blogs throughout the quarter.  Hope you enjoyed sharing my inspiration.  I hope some of these things sparked some inspiration in you too.  I have come up with so many new ideas.  Don't be afraid to create, you may come up with the next "new thing." 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you gave the names of some magazines. I usually look at a do it yourself project as complicated and don't even enjoy the planning for it. However I looked up My Home My Style and it seems very user friendly. Often times people of a certain trade speak and explain things that others would not understand due to their jargon. I will use this magazine and online site for new ideas on how to fix up my home.

    ReplyDelete